Salome Berrier, 1802-1875
I have traced the Berriers, just two generations. My fourth great grandfather was William was born in direct line ancestors—William, and Salome. The elder of the Berrier clan was William Berrier, Jr. He and his wife, Salome, conceived nine children. William and Salome were my third great grandparents.
The youngest Berrier family member in our Sartell family line that I have traced was Salome Berrier. She lived from 1802 through 1875.
The Berrier migrated from Perry County, Pennsylvania to Indiana. It appears that the Berrier clan came to America in the late 1700s. It appears that the family emigrated from France or Germany. However, differences agree as to precisely where.
William Berrier was my fourth great grandfather. Salome was my maternal third great grandmother.
William Berrier was my fourth great grandfather. Salome was my maternal third great grandmother.
Salome was very hospitable to workers, who built the railway that passed through Kouts. The new township—the only incorporated township in Porter County, Indiana—was named after the Kouts family.
The Berrier family is connected to the Sartell pedigree through the marriage of Salome Berrier to Barnhart Kouts. Among the couple's children was Hattie Kouts. In turn, Hattie married a German emigrant by the name of Francis Arnold. One of Hattie's and Francis' children was Hettie Salome Arnold. In 1880, Hettie Salome Arnold married Charles Samuel Sartell in Sartell, Minnesota.
There are many Berriers in the United States. Among those individuals, there are many doing genealogical research. I have not been able to do significant research on this family line to make me feel comfortable in asserting more about the Berrier family line. I do not mean to imply that I doubt the veracity of other Berrier family researchers. Rather, to date, I have been unable to locate enough independent information to satisfy myself.

I had a few extra computer minutes this morning (very rare) so I took a look at your blogs. I suppose I should not be startled to see my great grandmother's picture--your 2nd great grandmother. I didn't find another way to contact you. I have a very large tree on Ancestry.com and would very much like to add your information to my own research, and also invite you to view the tree as a guest. As you may have noticed on my blog, I've been working mostly my mother's line the last two months. Email me at rfsamt@gmail.com.
ReplyDelete